Thank you for your interest in the Charles Allis Art Museum. For media inquiries, requests for photos, and interviews, please contact John Sterr at (414) 278-8295 ext 1.
Charles Allis Villa Terrace Art Museums
Part-Time Marketing Manager Position
Job Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Museums’ overall marketing plan. The position is part of a management team responsible for the overall success of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The list of responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded by the Executive Director as necessary.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategic marketing plan
- Develops and monitors Marketing budget
- Writes press releases, brochure copy, articles, and other related content
- Designs and produces museum materials including quarterly newsletter, brochures, sales kits, and annual reports.
- Designs and produces all museum advertising
- Manages websites, social media platforms, and web calendars
- Presents organizational information at community events and assesses them for maximum marketing and recruiting exposure
- Photography of museum events and programs
- Collaborates with other arts organizations, museums, and marketing partners
- Works with other museum departments on marketing initiatives
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a strategic and innovative approach to the required responsibilities. The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is essential. Excellent organization, written and oral communication, computer literacy, and knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office, and Adobe design software are essential. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, fine arts, or liberal arts with experience in arts marketing preferred. Four years of experience in arts marketing in lieu of bachelor’s degree will be considered. Candidates must be self-starters who can work independently and collaborate with others.
While performing the job, the Marketing Manager is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, stand, and walk. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch and be able to reach above and below shoulder height.
Work environment: Work conditions are normal for an office environment. Duties require outside site tours of the facilities. Work requires evening and weekend hours for events as necessary.
*This job posting closes Thursday, March 3, 2016 | Email applications to John Sterr at email@example.com