Seeing the Light
October 17 - January 11, 2015
Friday October 17 / 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Members Only Preveiw 5:30 to 6:00 p.m.
Seeing the Light explores Plein Air painting through the works of eight prominent Wisconsin artists. Each artist demonstrates their ability to play with light in their own unique way while painting outdoors. Focusing on architecture, street scenes or landscapes, these nine artists celebrate the beauty found in Wisconsin. Join us for a contemporary look at Wisconsin Plein Air painting, by our very own. Seeing the Light features the work of Lori Beringer, Matthew Holt, Shelby Keefe, Tom Kubala, Darron Lillian, Mary Ulm Mayhew, Tim Nachreiner, and Bonnie Paruch.
Milwaukee film historian Dale Kuntz presents selections from his rare collection of classic films from the 30s and 40's. Films are shown on 16mm, reel-to-reel film. Most of these cinematic treasures are not available on DVD so don't miss this opportunity to see these films in their original glory on the big screen. Prior to each screening, Dale fascinates the audience with his knowledge of film history, giving the inside scoop on each film, including bizarre details about the stars and clues to help the audience spot little oddities that ended up in the film instead of on the cutting room floor.
Remembering World War I
- Oct 8 - Rasputin and the Empress - 1932 - Ethel, John and Lionel Barrymore, Ralph Morgan
- Oct 8 - Suez - Tyrone Power Centennial Event - See above for more info
- Oct 22 - Waterloo Bridge - 1940 - Vivien Leigh, Robert Taylor, Virginia Field, Maria Ouspenskaya
- Nov 12 - Smilin' Through - 1941 - Jeanette MacDonald, Gene Raymond, Brian Aherne, Ian Hunter
- Nov 26 - Remember the Day - 1941 -
Claudette Colbert, John Payne, Anne Revere, John Shepperd
Annual Christmas Movie
- Dec 10 - The Bishop's Wife - 1947 - Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Niven, Monty Woolley, James Gleason, Gladys Cooper